Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been a while...

I know its been a while...

Promised some people that they had all the god given right to kick me in the gonads if I didn't keep this one alive... Well some saw that as an opportunity to let off a little steam...

Been at my assignemnts like shit on velcro... Won't leave the house unless I needed to go to class or photography workshops like last weekend... Been sleeping at 6am every day, not necessarily waking up equally late if I might add...

Can feel it taking its toll on me already...

This may be a bit on the sadistic side, but I promise, it'll not last long...

Just a rant...

Does anyone out there ever feel how mortal they really are? Like how fragile we all ACTUALLY are... 

Some people just put up this exoskeleton built up by their egos and pride, not wanting the world to see how soft their bodies really are... Well, aren't we all turtles now? 

What does it take for us to feel, embrace and love mortality as it is and to stop worrying about what happens tomorrow? When are we ever going to live now, this very day, this very hour, this very minute, this very second... 

This moment.

Throughout our whole lives, we are governed by rules, norms and cultures... When are we ever going to live by OUR OWN rules?

The ones we make for ourselves.

Are we that crooked to a point where we don't even trust ourselves to govern our own lives? Can't we distinguish right from wrong by ourselves? Is that why there is religion? For those who believe in it?

Do I thank the man who wrote these immortal books that stand the test of time, even though its relevance in the modern world is questionable? Do I thank him for giving men and women alike, the guides for self governance? Or do I question that too?

Or, do these books deter us from living by our own rules?

So let me ask you blokes/babes a couple of things, for which you should answer yourselves. 

"Do YOU live by your own rules?"
"Do YOU truly realise how mortal YOU really are?"
"Have YOU dropped your shell yet and started living?"

Like I said... Just a rant...

It's 5 o'clock in the morning, and I should be in bed... It's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my eyes open night after night... It's been weeks since I've had a good night's rest... When will this end?

No comments: